Saturday, September 25, 2010

Speaking Kindly


Pro 31:26 She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.

Jas 3:5 Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth! Jas 3:6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.

We have alot of power in our words we speak to our families. Have you found yourself saying something to your children or husband and immediately know that your words cut them? James says our tongue has the ability to be so evil, we use it to bless the Lord then in the next breath we curse another. I have been learning to sometimes say nothing at all:

1Pe 3:1 Likewise, wives, be subject to your own husbands, so that even if some do not obey the word, they may be won without a word by the conduct of their wives, 1Pe 3:2 when they see your respectful and pure conduct.

More than our words, we need to live a godly life in front of others, sometimes I think our words get us into trouble. See how it says "without a word". Proverbs 31:26, she opens her mouth with wisdom and she speaks with the law of kindness. Every time we open our mouths we need to ONLY open them when we will have kind and wise words to say.

Jas 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.

We need to go to the Lord and ask Him to give us this wisdom and kind words. As a helper to our husbands we have the amazing ability to tear down or build up, our words can wound and destroy our husbands or family ( and friends) or we can build up, encourage and strengthen those around us. Let us be godly in all conduct.

Joh 15:12 "This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Joh 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. Joh 15:14 You are my friends if you do what I command you. Joh 15:15 No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you. Joh 15:16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you. Joh 15:17 These things I command you, so that you will love one another.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful, I needed to hear this. I need to live it as well. God bless.

    ReplyDelete